I've told a handful of people and think it's time to officially unleash the news to the team. As many of you know, I have been trying basically for two years to get a little liquid supplementation for the team courtesy of Abita Brewery in Louisiana. I've sent numerous emails trying to sell our ability to provide them a little advertising in exchange for just a keg or two of beer. After about a month without any real contact, I got a call from the brewery and have learned that we are approved for 4 kegs of beer for bbq fest.
I got caught a little off guard by the call and I was cruising through the Lower 9th Ward at the time so when she asked what kinds we wanted I didn't really put in much of a request. Meaning it won't be anything overly extravagant, but hey; who's complaining about getting a few hundred bucks worth of beer for free? (yeah, these ain't the 50 dollar kegs of Beast. These are considered premium beers and typically run pretty high)
Hope y'all like Abita Golden and Amber because that's what's coming (2 kegs each). As a side note, I did subtly ask about getting Andy Gator, but was kindly steered off of that. It's probably for the best anyway, since The Gator will put even a grown ass man's dick in the dirt, and we still have to compete.
There is one important condition that I've already told Jen about. It's certainly not a deal breaker, but being a man of my word, I'd like to include their logo on our shirt somewhere since that was a selling point in my initial request. I have received a picture file so it shouldn't be hard to make it happen. It's entirely up to us as to the location and size of the logo, but I figure on the sleeve in place of the joint logo, or even a small logo on the top middle of the back, kinda like those life is good shirts would be nice. I'll leave it up to whoever is designing the shirts to take care of that, but please just make sure it happens and we make it reasonably visible. I don't wanna be a cheese dick about it since they are hooking us up with some good beer.
Lastly, and this is CRUCIAL: when I bring these kegs, they must go back to the distributor where I got them, otherwise, I'm getting killed by the deposit. If they make it back to their home, my card will never be charged and we will have dranked for free. I would like to get a chain and a lock for these bitches just in case some well intentioned, but overly inebriated plebeian goes on a beer run and tries to take my shells to exchange. I also don't wanna end up with one being snatched after hours either.
So there you have it, a keg of abita for every day of the fest. Who's house? Run's House.
Viva La Coola
Nicely done, sir! Tasty beer will make things extra delicious! Thank you, Jack! Next up are team members and dues (as in $$$)...cooks meeting, ticket/wristband purchases, tent payment, etc. in a month.
ReplyDeleteI checked here at the local beer store and abita kegs (excluding Andy Gator) are 115 bucks each minus deposits so we're getting about 460 bucks worth of free booze not including taxes. not too shabby. keep us updated on the dues, and who owes. I'll be happy to crack some knee caps if any money is late getting in. I'll have to start with mine to set an example, of course.
ReplyDelete