Tuesday, May 4, 2010

From our Sous Chef/Meat Captain

I ordered 35 racks of ribs to be picked up next Tuesday. I also plan on picking up 7 racks from McNeil. Rachael said we could store the meat in her freezer, but will need someone to pick it up to bring to the fest.
For Thursday: I was not planning on picking up any of the Butts, because Tom? said he was going to pick those to smoke with John over the weekend. I will contact Chris to see if he needs me to pick up the chicken, but I believe he was going to pick this up himself.
I was going to post the sides schedule on the blog, but wasn't able to start my own blog. Jen, can you post this?
Wednesday:
- Jen O: Buffalo Mac and Cheese
- Rachael: Brownies
- Jeremy: Miss Cordelia's Special
- Richard: Cookies
-Johnny and Mega: Potato Salad
Thursday (Remember to make enough for 15 extra people):
- Danny: Chips
- Ben: Asian Slaw
- Jen O: Funeral Potatoes
- Chris N: Mac & Cheese
- Richard: Cookies
Friday:
- Mekeel: Beans (competition style)
- Michael B: Potato Salad
- Patrick C: Chips
- Rachael: Grilled Vegies
- Susan Mekeel: Mac & Cheese
Also, the sales training group said that they are going to be closer to 15 for Thursday night and will give me a final number today. Each of the 15 guys will be wearing white Smith & Nephew T-Shirts. Because of the increase in the number of people, I have asked him to pay $30 instead of $25. John S, can you guys throw on an extra butt for them?
I am prepared on doing both Beans and BBQ sauce for competition, as we entered both. However, Jack if you are planning on entering your sauce, I am totally cool with that. Mine is tomato based with a strong vinegar and honey flavor.
I hope that helps.
Thanks,
Dave

PS - If anyone wants author privileges, email me and I will add you. I sent invites to everyone from the list last year, but I guess most/all of them expired.

Viva la Coola,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment