Hey everybody. I don't know if anyone even rememebers that this blog is here, but I wanted to go ahead and pass along some info about this year's big competition. First, I spoke with McNeil on Saturday and it seems that he's is stepping down from the team as is Johnny. It seems they simply don't have the time to be involved to the extent which they have been in years past. I know that there are still a lot of people who want to keep this thing alive, but it's gonna take some people stepping up. If anyone has any potential recruits feel free to let me or Stephany know about it. You can use the comment thread below or send them via email chain. I personally have 2 new members that are interested in joining and I need to see about a couple more that have expressed at least a slight interest in being on the team. We need te dues and moreso we need the help.
I've already offered to pitch in with cooking again this year, whether it be as the head guy or just helping with one of the nightly dinners. I'm happy doing either, but would love the opportunity to be involved with the competition in some capacity once again.
Has anyone thought about any of the side competitions? I know we did pretty well in baked beans last year and I think it's in our best interest to at least take a stab at that again. Does anyone have a sauce recipe they'd like to try? might as well throw our name in the hat as much as possible. Who knows? We might just win something.
We're still planning on rocking the boil at the end of the festival this year, and I'm gonna try to get on Abita earlier this time around to see if there's any way we can get a few kegs for free. honestly, even one would be worth it. Another thing I'm going to look into is a cooker. I'm perfectly happy with someone finding a cooker like last year or even using the same one, but just in case that's not available, I'm going to contact my crawfish guy about getting his. it's a big SOB so I need to make sure that we A) can fit it into the tent space that we get this year, and B) we have someone with a truck that can pull it since there's not much chance of me making it to memphis before Wed night.
Lastly, in case y'all aren't aware, this year's feature country is Tunisia. I honestly don't know a ton about it other than what I found by taking a very brief look at www.tunisia.com. It's a mediterranean country in Africa, location of the ancient city of Carthage and home of Hannibal. It looks like there's more than enough cool stuff to make t-shirts, entry signs/facades/etc.
If y'all have any updates please feel free to post them here as a writer or in the comment threads. Jen took the time to make this blog as a resource and spare people the endless email chains. I like the idea and don't want it to go to waste.
Viva La Coola!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment