Billy's Crawfish Plug:
I just sent an email to my friend and crawfish supplier in the Memphis area, Bill Crumbly who runs Billy's Crawfish to let him know that we will be getting our bugs from him again this year and that I've been sending my friends his way when they need crawfish. Y'all don;t make me a liar. If you have a boil, call my man, Bill. You can also email him at billyscrawfish@gmail.com. He also has a webpage www.billyscrawfish.com. Call him, boil bugs, and tell him Jack from Magiacally Piglicious sent you.
His bugs are bigger, better purged, and generally less are dead than the competition. Also, his seasoning is the bomb-diggity. If that weren't enough, the main bug competition in Memphis (whom I shall not call out by name) went around a couple years ago trying to screw my buddy out of work by low balling his customers. Turns out the joke was on those restaurants because I heard from a lot of people that the taste and quality took a sharp decline afterward.
The other reason I emailed him was to inquire about the smoker. We'll see what comes of that, but it honestly may not fit in our tent space anyway. He had told me more than once he'd let me borrow it free of charge, but I'm not sure it that will still be possible. Again, we'll just have to see, and as I said if you or anyone you know is doing crawfish get them from Billy and drop my name and Magically Piglicious. This will only help us and Billy has hooke our asses up good in the last few years so we owe him some word of mouth advertising.
Last update:
I'm trying to get in touch with the right guy at Abita to see about a little beer. No luck so far, but I still have the email from the lady I spoke with last year. we'll see if I can't get the other guy's direct contact info from her (fingers crossed) I also would like to gauge how pissed people would be if we had to change the team name if that could land us a sponsorship from Abita. It's just a little thought that floated by and nothing to be overly concerned with at the moment, but if we could get a decent amount of liquid support, I wouldn't care if our team name was changed to the
name to Hogopheliacs.
Here's a list of a few that I rattled off to Ashley a little while ago. I understand that a lot of them are crap and not the kind of thing that a company would want to be associated with. I was on a rapid fire gmail text frenzy. Feel free to add to the list of names if you wish; something related to Abita, Louisiana, and pork. And remember this is 100% hypothetical. I just wanna be prepared in case by some miracle, Abita jumps up and says, "hell yeah, we'll sponsor you like Maker's Mark does for the Meat Makers team, y'all just need a team that relates to Abita somehow."
Here it goes:
Mardi Hogs
Hoggy Gras
Show your Tips (rib tips that is)
French Quarter Cooker
Bayou-Que
Pirate's Alley Porkers
Andy Hoggers
Abita Brew-B-Q
Abita Boarhogs
Porker Haze
Abita Brews and Barbeques (or just 'Ques)
That's all I got for now.
Viva La Coola!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't know about the rest of the team, but I am a huge fan of our team's name and would like to keep it as is. At the very least, I would have to start a whole new blog, and after all the blood, sweat, and tears, that would be too much ;)
ReplyDeleteSeriously though, if they are just going to give us a few kegs, that's worth a logo on our t-shirt. A change in the team name will require fronting most/all of the cash required to run the team such that we don't have to pay individual dues.
That's my $0.02, and you guys all know how hard it is for me to voice my opinion...
I'm in total agreement. I love the team name, and I don't know what Memphis in May's feelings are about changing monikers. It's quite possible that a new name would invalidate our "qualification" into the event thus rendering this issue completely moot. I simply wanted to gauge the team's level of attachment to our original name should Abita, by some miracle decide to come and jump on board big time.
ReplyDeleteLike you, I really don't see that as a serious possibility, but I want to be prepared for anything. I've been really amazed by the quickness in which I've been receiving return emails from my contact at Abita. The latest correspndence included a form to fill out as well and inquiry as to how we could help advertise for them if they were to throw some brews our way.
I don't wanna get too excited just yet, but it's certainly showing some reason for optimism.
Fingers crossed!